BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Theosophic and cabalistic tracts translated from the Latin edition; [manuscript] /; by [Robert] Fludd and others.
- Theosophic and cabalistic tracts translated from the Latin edition [manuscript] / by [Robert] Fludd and others.
- Charles Rainsford's English translation of the first two books of Robert Fludd's Utriusque Cosmi Historia and other works. Includes an alphabetical index (p. iii). Several leaves have been pasted in and are now detached (p. 361-366).
- Purchased with support from the B. H. Breslauer Foundation.
- 240 leaves : paper; 314 x 200 (290 x 140) mm. bound to 320 x 210 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn913833388; (OCoLC)913833388; (PU)6293599-penndb-Voyager
- English, with occasional words in Hebrew, Greek, and Latin.
- Formerly owned by Charles Rainsford (British army officer, fellow of the Royal Society, and alchemist); bequeathed by Rainsford to Hugh Percy, Second Duke of Northumberland.; Owned by the 2nd through 12th Dukes of Northumberland, ms. 600, Alnwick Castle, Northumberland, 1809-2014 (bookplate, inside upper cover; stamps throughout).; Sold at auction at Sotheby's (London), 15 July 2014, as part of Lot 411.
- [England, between 1750 and 1799]
- Cabala -- Early works to 1800.; Cosmology -- Early works to 1800.; Occultism -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Manuscripts, English; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Rainsford, Charles,; Northumberland, Hugh Percy,
- Call Number:
- Oversize Ms. Codex 1688
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts