This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Tsurat ha-arets] ... [etc.]; [manuscript].
- [Tsurat ha-arets] ... [etc.] [manuscript].
- Collection of astronomical texts in Hebrew from source texts ranging from the 11th to the 16th centuries. Subjects include geography, the Ptolemaic model of the universe, solar and lunar eclipses, and the astrolabe. Frequent marginal notes and glosses, some from copied from known commentaries to these works.
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- 204 leaves : paper, ill.; 201 x 150 (130-155 x 92-120) mm. bound to 210 x 172 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn785900593; (OCoLC)785900593; (PU)5700150-penndb-Voyager
- Possible ownership inscription: Yitshaq Cohen (f. 1; Les Enluminures).; Formerly owned by Italian philologist, poet, and biblical exegete Samuel David Luzzatto (Les Enluminures).; Acquired by the Polish scholar and bibliophile S.J. Halberstam from the estate of Samuel David Luzzatto, ms. 134 (Halberstam number on Montefiore label, inside upper cover).; Sold as part of Halberstam's library to Judith Montefiore College (Ramsgate, England), after 1887, ms. 423 (gilt spine, Montefiore MS. 423; label inside upper cover).; Placed on deposit at Jews' College (London) as part of the Montefiore Endowment, 1899 (Les Enluminures).; Sold at auction at Sotheby's (New York) as part of a collection of manuscripts from the Montefiore Endowment, 27 Oct. 2004, lot 308.; Sold by Les Enluminures (Paris and Chicago) to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.; Gift of Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle in memory of Martin L. Fine, 2012.
- [Gratz?, ca. 1542-1599]
- Astronomy -- Early works to 1800.; Astronomy, Medieval.; Jewish astronomy -- Early works to 1800.; Astrolabes -- Early works to 1800.; Geography, Medieval.; Codices.; Annotations.; Commentaries.; Diagrams.; Tables (documents); Treatises.; Manuscripts, Hebrew; 16th century.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Personal Name:
- Bonfils, Immanuel ben Jacob,; Ibn al-Ṣaffār, Abū al-Qāsim Aḥmad ibn ʻAbd Allāh,; Peurbach, Georg von,; Ibn Ezra, Abraham ben Meïr,; Ibn Tibbon, Jacob ben Machir,; Mizraḥi, Ephraim,; Luzzatto, Samuel David,; Halberstam, S. J.; Schoenberg, Lawrence J.,
- Call Number:
- LJS 498
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts