BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Ymage du monde; [manuscript].
- Ymage du monde [manuscript].
- Summary of all knowledge, divided into 3 parts on the creation of the world and man, geography, and astronomy; copy of the earliest recension in 6,600 octosyllabic lines of verse, as composed in 1245 by Gautier of Metz.
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- 133 leaves : parchment; 210 x 153 (144 x 80) mm. bound to 220 x 160 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn794856505; (OCoLC)794856505; (PU)5760743-penndb-Voyager
- Middle French.
- Formerly owned by Benoît le Court (binding, note of price on upper pastedown) and his son Antoine (signature Antonius Curtius Simphorianus on front flyleaf and lower pastedown, later notes in ink, f. 132v).; Formerly owned by Jehan de Gaignières (or Jean, Johannus in manuscript), procurator of the court of the Primate of Lyon (signature, f. 130r).; Sold by Librairie Thomas-Scheler (Paris), cat. Un Choix (1998), no. 1, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.; Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- [France, ca. 1400]
- Astronomy -- Early works to 1800.; Cosmology -- Early works to 1800.; Geography -- Early works to 1800.; Geography, Medieval.; Codices.; Diagrams.; Illuminations.; Poems.; Manuscripts, French; 14th century.; 15th century.; Manuscripts, Medieval.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Personal Name:
- Gautier,; Court, Benoît de,; Court, Antoine de,; Gaignières, Jehan de,
- Call Number:
- LJS 264
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts