BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Anglezarke indenture,; 1270s?
- Anglezarke indenture, 1270s?
- Both halves of an indenture recording the resolution before witnesses of a dispute between Lord Robert de Lathom and Peter de Hepay concerning a structure in the communa (township or common land) of Arlawesarwe (Anglezarke), in Lancashire. The same Latin text is written on both in anglicana cursive script. One half is written in twelve lines and on its verso has a modern paper label with the number 536 and an early note in ink, Anlezarke. The other half is written in eleven lines and on its verso has a modern paper label with the number 537 and early notes in ink, Anlesargh and the names of the disputants. The top edges of the two halves fit together along an undulating cut with the word Cirograffia written across the cut; the bottom edges are folded with tags, formerly for seals.
- Lancashire (England)
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Albert C. Baugh Book Fund.
- 2 items (2 leaves) : parchment; 80-86 x 187-190 mm.
- In Latin.
- Sold at auction by Forum Auctions (London), 6 December 2017, lot 25.
- Real property -- England -- Lancashire.; Indentures.; Manuscripts, Latin; 13th century.; Manuscripts, Medieval.
- Printed Work
- Personal Name:
- Lathom, Robert de,; Hepay, Peter de,
- Call Number:
- Misc Mss Box 23 Folder 24
- Miscellaneous Manuscripts.; Albert C. Baugh Book Fund.